TERMS OF AGREEMENT
As a member of the Tucson CSA, and from the moment as I sign up online for a Tucson CSA share, I commit to share the risks and rewards of the farm’s harvests for the duration of my subscription. I also agree that:
1) I must pay for six or twelve pickups in advance, and my payment is non-refundable and does not guarantee me an exact amount of produce at each pickup;
2) I am responsible for picking up my share(s) between 4:00 and 7:00 pm on my scheduled pickup days. If not picked up, my share(s) will be donated to charity at the end of the pickup day;
3) the cost of my share(s) will be charged to my CSA account after each of my scheduled pickup days;
4) I may not claim refunds or credits for missed scheduled pickups;
5) if I select the Recurring E-Check form of payment (Autopay)* my subscription will be renewed and I will be automatically charged when my CSA account balance drops below $22,
6) I must bring my own box/bags to collect my share(s).
* You can email us at any time to have your Autopay option turned off.
There are up to 6 stops which you go through when you pick up your veggies:
Stop 1. Check-In and Newsletter: where you check your name on the check-in list. The check-in list indicates what you are scheduled to pick up that week. Next to the check-in sheets are our weekly newsletters. We do our best to make them informative and useful. They include recipes, information about your produce and news about the CSA and the producers we work with. Newsletters are also available online.
Stop 2. The Produce Line: where you collect your produce share.
Collecting your produce share: We handle the produce as little as possible and we would like you to do the same. Please do not rummage through the flats to get the best-looking items. Our vegetables are mostly heirloom and open-pollinated varieties which are bred for flavor, not just for shelf-life or looks, and they can bruise and spoil rapidly when handled repeatedly. Please just take the exact quantity indicated on the flat and move along to the next flat.
Take your whole share: Not more, not less. When you take more, you take from someone else’s share. When you take less, you create leftovers. If you don’t want something, either trade it in the trading baskets, or donate it to the surplus baskets for another member to enjoy (see below).
Stop 3. The Bread Line: where you collect your bread share if you are subscribed to one (we also often have extra loaves for sale).
Stop 4. The Front Desk, or Cantina: where you collect your cheese and/or sprout share(s) if you have any. At the cantina you can also buy additional local seasonal goods (eggs, cheese, meats, etc.).
Stop 5. The Trading Table: you cannot trade produce at the produce line but you can trade it at the Trading Table. You can trade one or more produce portions from your produce share with portions that are in the trading baskets.Please trade whole portions, not partial portions. A portion is the amount of any produce that you are supposed to take that week (e.g. if there are 3 oranges in your share on a given week, you must trade all 3 oranges – not just 1 or 2, with a full portion of another produce item that is on the Trading Table.)
Stop 6. The Surplus Bench: If you don’t want something that is in your share and there is nothing interesting to trade it with at the Trading Table, simply leave it on the Surplus Bench for another member’s enjoyment. Unlike the items in the trading baskets, surplus items are free for the taking (within reason) and may include farm extras, leftovers from a previous pickup, surplus from members’ gardens, and unwanted items from members’ shares.
AND PLEASE REMEMBER:
a. Only pick up on your pickup day: You can only pick up your share on your scheduled pickup day as we only have as many shares as we have members scheduled for each pickup day. If you are unable to pick up your share on your pickup day, ask a friend to pick it up for you. However, if you know ahead of time that you won’t be able to pick up on your pick up day, you have options:
1. you can change your pickup day by going online by midnight Friday of the week before, and providing there is space on the other pick up day
2. if you are going to be gone for one or more weeks, you can put your subscription on hold, so long as you go online to place the hold by the Friday before you want your hold to take effect.
Please note that we cannot reimburse your for share(s) not picked up.
b. Do not park illegally: please respect our neighbors’ parking areas and avoid costly tickets. Check our parking map.
c. Bring your own bags to gather your produce. In the spirit of recycling and to keep costs down, we do not provide bags. However, we have an “I-Forgot-My-Bag” chest where members can donate paper and plastic grocery bags for those who occasionally forget their bags.