Our pickup location is staffed by volunteers who receive produce in exchange for their work. We tend to have a stable volunteer crew and new permanent volunteering opportunities are infrequent. However, we frequently need substitutes.
Volunteer tasks include:
1. Unloading and set up: Tuesdays 1:30 – 2:30 pm or Wednesdays 12:30 to 1:30. Required: ability to lift and move heavy produce crates.
2. Staffing the produce line: Tuesdays or Wednesdays 3:45 – 7:30 pm. Required: knowledge of produce and how to prepare it; communication skills.
3. Staffing the bread line: Tuesdays or Wednesdays 3:45 – 7:30 pm. Required: becoming familiar with Barrio Bread’s products; communication skills.
4. Front desk: Tuesdays or Wednesdays 3:45 – 7:30 pm. Required: handling cash register; ability to answer many questions; communication skills.
5. Backstage: Tuesdays or Wednesdays 3:00 – 6:00 pm. Required: organization skills.
If you are interested in being part of our pool of volunteers/subs, please come introduce yourself at the CSA front desk during pickup hours so that we can meet each other.